Skip to main content

THE FUTURE (VR)


 Hi everyone!

I came here to make an update about Gamification and its ways to apply. As we have talked about gamification in our vidcast before, I won't bore you by defining the term gamification. However, you should keep in mind that gamification can be applied by means of many different ways such as basic computer games, with the help of augmented reality, or simply just with a fun game that includes input. I should accept that those all have an influence on education but there is one thing better, more modern, and more real, which is Virtual Reality (VR). Before any bias, let's just think about it. Most of the parents, even many teachers, think that games are nonsense and couldn't have any good effect on their child or any learner; nevertheless, they all wrong at one point. Games may take time to apply but they have no harm to people as long as they or their parents know how to use it appropriately. Researches show that games do harm only a small part of society which can be affected by anything. So, what I mean is that those people would have been under the influence of any other thing that can show harm to their mentality. I hope you have understood how could games be harmful.

On the other hand, they have many more benefits than they do harm. Last week, in a class at my university, we have played with VR glasses and had lots of fun. Then I started to think about the feelings I have towards VR, and what would young learners of English or any other language feel if they were in my shoes. I think they would be amazed and would engage in activities more eagerly. In the pictures, you see my friend Yeliz Öztabur and me trying very basic VR glasses but you should know that even they are doing amazing. So, if we improve it and make it accessible to almost everyone, VR and Gamification would do their job perfectly.

Comments