Skip to main content

Begin With a Paragraph!

Hi everyone!

As you know- or may not- I'm in my second year in college. While I was a junior, I wrote a lot and I want you to share my writings from last year. If you are interested in different topics or want to see my progress, you may check my works. There are a few paragraphs written in different styles.



For the beginning, I'm letting you read the first ever paragraph that I have written in college.


READ AS FAMILY
  Friends mean family to me. When one of us is out of money, there is always a solution for that. We can do everything for one another. If it is necessary we work and earn money for the one who is in need. More importantly, if one of us is not going through good times, every one of us will rush to help. Those are the things that make our relationship stronger than others’. Also, we never use a single word to offend one another. Even if we’re mad as hell, we never say something that could offend others. Being that kind gives us a chance of discussing and solving the problems. In conclusion, thanks to our ability of empathy and being generous, we get along and support one another no matter what happens. That is what makes us good friends.


Now I will add some more, please enjoy yourselves.

HOMEWORK IS NOT A BURDEN

  Doing homework improves students’ ability in many aspects but they do not like doing it. Firstly, homework helps students improve their skills in many areas and form habits. When studying they improve their timing by making plans that give them enough space for every step. Additionally, they get used to taking responsibilities by taking care of themselves. Homework also teaches students how to use different sources like libraries, encyclopedias, and other materials. They go libraries to search for necessary information; on the other hand, they learn different information from different areas while searching for homework. So, all in all, I believe that homework does its job well but it takes time and energy. That’s why most students don’t like doing it.

 Next two paragraphs are my favorites because the first one is about a character from my favorite book and the second one is on a scene from my favorite movie. Especially, I am proud of myself for the first paragraph. 
ELIZABETH BENNET


  Elizabeth Bennet is the best character that Jane Austen ever created. Elizabeth is such a smart girl living in Loungbourn. She improves herself by reading and attracts people’s attention by doing nothing. She also has an attractive appearance, however, almost everyone thinks that she is not as much beautiful as her elder sister. Beginning from her hair she is good looking but not perfect at all. Her hair is brown and always looks good without any effort. When we look at her eyes, they’re a dark tone of brown and have an expressive sight. Her nose is not a tip-tilted one but looks good. Like her nose, she has a mouth with a non-symmetric smile; in other words, it is not flawless yet it has an attractive aspect. Apart from her harmonic face, she has an average height like all other peers. She also knows how to dress well as always with no effort. Her dresses are usually jammy but modest also. In its entirety, her face, body, and dressing are in accordance with one another all the time. To sum up, Elizabeth Bennet hasn’t got a flawless looking but you can fall in love with her because she is charming thanks to her smartness.


THE SCENE THAT FEELS FREE



  I was very impressed when I watched the final scene of The Way He Looks movie. In the scene, firstly, A soft clear weather is seen and then school bell rings and students go out talking with each other. Five or ten seconds pass and Leo, Gabriel (his lover) and Giovana come. Leo and Gabriel walk arm in arm because Leo can’t see and Gabriel guides him. As they move forward, Leo hears the words that are said by guys who is stalking them and his friends hear them. After two seconds of listening Leo stops and just flips bullies the bird. They get shocked and can’t say anything. Then, Leo grabs Gabriel’s hand and starts walking with pride. Everyone watching this scene of the movie can see their freedom and pride while they’re walking hand in hand.

Cherkes Wedding Ceremonies
  In my hometown, wedding ceremonies are very different and more interesting than normal weddings. People always get married in a school garden or garden of a house. Firstly, Groom starts to dance a Cherkes opening folk dance and takes the bride by his side after finishing a circle. After they finish their dance, guesses start to play a different kind of folk dance. Later, the groom’s mother applies henna to the bride and bride and other girls start to dance on their own while men wait for them. Applying henna on the wedding day is not a common thing but in my hometown, it is. In the end, the groom and bride dance with each other again, then, they go their home. In terms of applying henna in wedding day and folk dances, a wedding ceremony in my hometown always impresses me.

I hope you are not bored because I have one more left. Now, in the paragraph which you will read I am as the writer of it talking about a made-up event that happened to me. 


Most Shocking Event of My Life
Last year, My England trip was completely shocking for me. I went there for my school project with my teacher and my classmates. Our plane landed Aberdeen Airport and we waited there for passport inspection. While we were going out of the airport, I accidentally hit someone. When I look at her face, I screamed because that was the singer Taylor Swift and I was so lucky. After I got out of shock, I started to talk and said how much I love her and her songs. Later, she invited me and my friends to come to her house and said that she could sing for us. Of course, I couldn’t lose a chance like this, I persuaded my friends and my teacher, and we went to her house. There, she sang one of her new songs and gave us her signed albums, and followed me on Instagram. Eventually, I thanked her for those things and gave her a hug. Spending time with her was so important and pleasing for me.


 I hope you enjoyed reading. Also, I will later upload some of the essays which I have written. Please don't forget to inform me whether you enjoy or not so that I would know how you feel. 

See you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You've got a second chance! or Should I Say SECOND LIFE

  Hi everyone! If I say that you could be whatever you want, would you believe me? Probably not. Let me explain a little bit. Last week, our instructor told us about Second Life which is a new world (or I can say life) online. In Second Life, we have a new world and a new us. We can create an avatar with the appearance we want. In short, we can be whomever we want to be and do whatever we want to do. This app also used as an educational tool. One example of it is my instructor Tuncer Can's project which brought about a lot of attention. If you want to learn more about his work, you can check it online. As an example, I created myself and became a vampire. Here is my selfie as a vampire in SecondLife. I think you should try it, too. If you want to, you can click here in order to reach SecondLife.

ALL TOGETHER | Nearpod

Hi everyone! I'm just going to sink into the topic. Today, we'll talk about Nearpod which is such an improved type of teaching devices. By Nearpod, you can create classes, interact with your students, and present your topics there. However, Nearpod has much more to give, it gives you the chance of using VR without any other website, or device. Also, you can add resources and share them with your students. Additionally, Nearpod enables you to make live and formative, ongoing assessments or enables your students to make self-assessments. There are many other things that you could do by using Nearpod, I suggest you to have a look at it. In a nutshell, Nearpod includes what constructivism suggests applying and autonomy requires to have. I'm sure that I will use Nearpod as a mean of teaching when I start teaching. Here, you can find more detailed information: https://nearpod.com/ Also, you can watch this video to have an idea:

A Step into 21st Century

  Last Friday I started a training program on 21st century skills and the very first lesson was mostly a wonderful discussion. Beginning with a presentation on critical thinking, we discussed different questions such as “What is critical thinking?”, “Who is a critical thinker?”, What type of qualities differentiate a strong and weak critical thinker from each other?”. After discussing all these questions some of us stated that their perspective on critical thinking had changed accordingly. Then, we participated in some kind of a game about understanding a critical thinker’s mind and we chose the possible statements which a critical thinker might make in some situations. It was fun!  In the second part of our training session, our teachers Melda Yılmaz and Dilek İnal trained us about English’s being a global language. Throughout our lesson, we discussed different criteria that make English a global language. I personally think that English is a global language because of the p...