Skip to main content

Duolingo & Memrise | Have Fun!

Hi everyone!

I know that vocabulary learning is a big thing most of the people because with traditional techniques it’s so boring. However, technology brings its benefits with itself and gives us different opportunities to learn languages. Today, want to talk about two different application I found very useful.

Firstly, I’m gonna talk about Duolingo. It’s an application within which you can find different languages to learn. If you ask why Duolingo, I would say that it’s not boring and old school. Today, we don’t like anything that brings the need of vomiting, also anything that is boring won’t help you to learn something because your motivation will be much lower each day. In a nutshell, please try it and inform me on your thoughts.

Click Here to reach Duolingo.

Secondly, Memrise would be a good choice to work on. Memrise simply the same thing with Duolingo but there is one thing that made my mind blown. That thing is the camera detection system of Memrise. You can hold your phone to any object and it shows you it’s name and meaning. Of course, sometimes, it makes wrong assumptions but we cannot deny its usefulness. Please give it a try!

Click Here to reach Memrise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Learn About English Authors

  Hi everyone! Together, let’s learn about English authors who have been very influential to English Literature. While working on English Literature I preferred to use Quizlet because it is a very useful application that allows you to prepare flash cards and turn them into quizzes. I know that preparing flash cards is a hard thing to do with paper and scissors but with the help of Quizlet everything is much easier. As you can see in the screenshot on the left, there are different options as flash cards, learning section and test. I have prepared an example for you to understand much better. You click here to see my Quizlet.

Gamification in ELT

 Hi everyone! Today's topic is Gamification and ELT. This video includes; What is Gamification? Why do we use it in ELT? Also, an example of by mentioning a game. I hope you enjoy!

Begin With a Paragraph!

Hi everyone! As you know- or may not- I'm in my second year in college. While I was a junior, I wrote a lot and I want you to share my writings from last year. If you are interested in different topics or want to see my progress, you may check my works. There are a few paragraphs written in different styles. For the beginning, I'm letting you read the first ever paragraph that I have written in college. READ AS FAMILY   Friends mean family to me. When one of us is out of money, there is always a solution for that. We can do everything for one another. If it is necessary we work and earn money for the one who is in need. More importantly, if one of us is not going through good times, every one of us will rush to help. Those are the things that make our relationship stronger than others’. Also, we never use a single word to offend one another. Even if we’re mad as hell, we never say something that could offend others. Being that kind gives us a chance of discussing...