Skip to main content

CREATE YOUR CANVA!

Hi everyone!

Have you ever heard about Canva? It is an application that helps you with pre-made drafts of different kinds of cards. You can use these cards in order to fulfill different purposes but today I want to mention its use in education. Canva can be used in education while studying special days and holidays of a country, creating brochures, or you can give your students reading lists and they create a summary of a book by using different photos and they can present their cards in class.

You can see an example of mine above. I have created a Canva in the name of a Turkish Holiday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Step into 21st Century

  Last Friday I started a training program on 21st century skills and the very first lesson was mostly a wonderful discussion. Beginning with a presentation on critical thinking, we discussed different questions such as “What is critical thinking?”, “Who is a critical thinker?”, What type of qualities differentiate a strong and weak critical thinker from each other?”. After discussing all these questions some of us stated that their perspective on critical thinking had changed accordingly. Then, we participated in some kind of a game about understanding a critical thinker’s mind and we chose the possible statements which a critical thinker might make in some situations. It was fun!  In the second part of our training session, our teachers Melda Yılmaz and Dilek İnal trained us about English’s being a global language. Throughout our lesson, we discussed different criteria that make English a global language. I personally think that English is a global language because of the p...

Let’s Learn About English Authors

  Hi everyone! Together, let’s learn about English authors who have been very influential to English Literature. While working on English Literature I preferred to use Quizlet because it is a very useful application that allows you to prepare flash cards and turn them into quizzes. I know that preparing flash cards is a hard thing to do with paper and scissors but with the help of Quizlet everything is much easier. As you can see in the screenshot on the left, there are different options as flash cards, learning section and test. I have prepared an example for you to understand much better. You click here to see my Quizlet.

What's in a Kahoot?

Hi everyone! I would like to talk about Kahoot. Kahoot is an application that helps you to create pretty quizzes and brings some joy to your class. You can ask questions and add images that visualize your questions or your given choices. I'm sure that you will understand and see its usefulness when you are given an example. So, there you go! I have a Kahoot for you to see how it works. You can click RIGHT HERE!