Skip to main content

A Better and More Modern Way of Homework

Hi everyone!


It's been a week since I uploaded my last post. I hope you're doing well.

Today, I'm going to talk about a much modern and better way of giving homework. You may have heard about Seesaw before. It is a website which allows you to give homework or do activities with your students easily. We can say that it is a social media for teachers and students. With Seesaw, you can easily follow your students' performance and progression. So as to give an example, I created a 2nd-grade activity.


You can click here and see what kind of an activity I have uploaded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You've got a second chance! or Should I Say SECOND LIFE

  Hi everyone! If I say that you could be whatever you want, would you believe me? Probably not. Let me explain a little bit. Last week, our instructor told us about Second Life which is a new world (or I can say life) online. In Second Life, we have a new world and a new us. We can create an avatar with the appearance we want. In short, we can be whomever we want to be and do whatever we want to do. This app also used as an educational tool. One example of it is my instructor Tuncer Can's project which brought about a lot of attention. If you want to learn more about his work, you can check it online. As an example, I created myself and became a vampire. Here is my selfie as a vampire in SecondLife. I think you should try it, too. If you want to, you can click here in order to reach SecondLife.

ALL TOGETHER | Nearpod

Hi everyone! I'm just going to sink into the topic. Today, we'll talk about Nearpod which is such an improved type of teaching devices. By Nearpod, you can create classes, interact with your students, and present your topics there. However, Nearpod has much more to give, it gives you the chance of using VR without any other website, or device. Also, you can add resources and share them with your students. Additionally, Nearpod enables you to make live and formative, ongoing assessments or enables your students to make self-assessments. There are many other things that you could do by using Nearpod, I suggest you to have a look at it. In a nutshell, Nearpod includes what constructivism suggests applying and autonomy requires to have. I'm sure that I will use Nearpod as a mean of teaching when I start teaching. Here, you can find more detailed information: https://nearpod.com/ Also, you can watch this video to have an idea:

A Step into 21st Century

  Last Friday I started a training program on 21st century skills and the very first lesson was mostly a wonderful discussion. Beginning with a presentation on critical thinking, we discussed different questions such as “What is critical thinking?”, “Who is a critical thinker?”, What type of qualities differentiate a strong and weak critical thinker from each other?”. After discussing all these questions some of us stated that their perspective on critical thinking had changed accordingly. Then, we participated in some kind of a game about understanding a critical thinker’s mind and we chose the possible statements which a critical thinker might make in some situations. It was fun!  In the second part of our training session, our teachers Melda Yılmaz and Dilek İnal trained us about English’s being a global language. Throughout our lesson, we discussed different criteria that make English a global language. I personally think that English is a global language because of the p...